Thursday, March 11, 2010

8. How to tell your story?

First of all, your story should be quite short. Try to keep it grammatically simple as well, so that it is easy to follow .
Make it easy for the listener to understand by using sequencing and linking words:

Sequencing words

These words show the chronological sequence of events .
First of all, I (packed my suitcase)
Secondly,     I......(made sure I had all my documents)
Previously     (before that )....... I changed some money.
Then    .....     I (called a taxi for the airport)
After that ... (when we were stuck in traffic, I realized.....)
But before all that... ( I had double checked my reservation )
And Finally ... ( I arrived at the wrong  check - in desk at wrong airport for a flight that didn't go until the next day)
Linking words

Linking words help you to connects ideas and sentences.
                           I booked a flight because ......
As a result,   I was late ...........
Although I had a reservation , I hadn't checked the airport' name . 

I made sure I had an up -to-date passport and I also took along my driving license.
In short ,     I had made a complete mess of the holiday .ory

Subscribe your email ID to my site and I will send you latest information's:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment